How to make adhirasam sweet /Diwali special
my grandma (maternal mother) use to make this adhirasam sweet in an authentic way.she used to wrap the vessel with adhirasam in mallu thuni and hang it for even 10 days before frying it.In those days they grind it manually and its taste was incomparable.Am making adhirasam sweet recipe after one year or so, but it turned out very well .My adhirasam sweet recipe is crunchy outside and soft inside.For best results rest the dough for two or three days before frying it.
This is a Diwali special sweet that no body can resist when they start eating.It can be kept outside at room temperature ,no need to keep in fridge if you are using within one week. Here I have kept the dough outside, at room temperature for more than three days and fried it on the fourth day and it tasted out of this world.Now let see how to make adhirasam sweet. Don’t hesitate to make this adhirasam sweet when it turns out good you will never regret.
How to make adhirasam sweet /Diwali special adhirasam
How to make adhirasam
- Raw rice - 11/4 cup
- Jagger y - 1 cup
- cardamom powder -1 tsp
- ginger or sukku powder - 1/4 tsp
- water - as needed
- Ghee - a little
- soak rice for two hours then dry in shade.
- make a powder with some wetness left in it.
- Heat up the jaggery and let it boil.
- filter the impurities and again boil.
- till it reaches soft ball consistency(can gather with hands) consistency.
- now add this syrup to the mixture along with other ingredients.
- The dough should be like this(loose but thick).
- After three days of resting I have pressed between polythene sheets and fried.
The dough can be kept for 1 -2 months in the refrigerator and can be used.
when the dough is little watery you can add some rice flour to correct it.
when the dough is too tight you can add boiled water and some sugar dissolved in it.