This is a North Indian Punjabi dessert ,now famous all over India. Every child will like this sweet .It is easy for us to incorporate a vegetable in their menu.So whenever possible I make a point to do this exotic sweet.Usually they add milk first and then sugar but I have added sugar before adding milk.This is tastes great than the usual method.
- Carrots -1 cup
- milk -1/4 cup or little more
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- ghee - 2 tbsp
- cardamom powder - 1tsp
- cashews - few
- Fry scrapped carrots in little ghee let it change color.
- then add sugar and let it cook in sugar syrup
- after it dries up add milk till it is immersed completely
- when milk reduces in quantity
- Wait till the contents leave the pan without sticking.
- Now add cardamom powder and then ghee.
- leave for 3 min and add fried cashew-nuts and let it cool.
- switch off the stove.
I have added only cashew-nuts,you can even add pistachios and badam. Milk can be added little extra than the mentioned amount ,for more richness. In some variation little sugarless khova is also added .(for 1 cup of milk 10-15 gm of khova is added) In many hotels they add khova for richness